Here’s a sun-dried tomato and goat cheese stuffed chicken dish that’s so easy to put together; yet tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. It’s a nourishing meal that can be made ahead and popped into the oven during the busy workweek, and also a fun recipe that’s sure to impress your dinner guests. The rich flavor combination of sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese along with the crunchy breaded chicken is oh-so-delicious. Organic, real food ingredients make it a healthy choice.
- 4 free-range organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup organic goat cheese
- 1/4 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes (if not packed in oil, will need to be soaked in water for 5 minutes to soften)
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 organic shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried organic basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried organic oregano
- 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of your favorite organic bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté shallot and garlic in olive oil for a minute or two until tender and fragrant. Stir in basil and oregano, then remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes (pat dry tomatoes if soaked in water.) Add shallot mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Pound chicken breasts to a thickness of around 1/2-inch.
- Spoon goat cheese mixture onto chicken breasts leaving around an inch of space on two edges of the chicken breasts. Fold over (you may need to use a toothpick to hold them shut.)
- Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the chicken breasts with egg, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Arrange chicken in an oiled baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until its internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.