Fall is quickly approaching so I am making a point to enjoy every last flavor of summer. I’m not quite ready to start fall cooking until my garden gives me the cue! There are still sun-warmed juicy tomatoes to pick, fresh herbs to cook with, and veggies to toss into salads.
Ripe tomatoes, crispy lettuce, and sweet pickle relish are the perfect toppings for these simple but flavorful Garden Turkey Burgers. Fresh chives among other tasty garden herbs give them that delicious summertime flavor. Roasted herbed potatoes and fresh salad make the perfect complements to these burgers. A wonderful meal for your upcoming Labor Day weekend menu!
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, or 2 small sliced green onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup organic whole wheat dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 teaspoon organic worcestershire sauce
- Mix together all ingredients except for turkey in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix in the ground turkey.
- Form four burger patties, 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
- Grill until meat reaches 170 degrees F.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with your favorite garden toppings.